Sunday 12 February 2012

Rendering Character Animation Brief

A lot of what I did during my Character Animation brief was building to this point - rendering.  I deliberately have a simple, low resolution scene with basic lighting and textures to reduce render time, the character is quite well detailed, however, with 2 x 2k for his body and clothes and some nice trickery to fake some effects such as subsurface scattering (SSS).  I'm using Max's relatively new and fast Output shader: 'HDR motion blur' which blurs your renders using a Velocity render pass (pretty much) but also has some nice feature to tweak the effect.  Currently the render time is at around 4:45 per frame in a scene with around 220,000 polygons. So given that I have 18 seconds of animation at 30 frames per second, it should take me around 42 hours and 45 minutes to render...  Looks like I'll be leaving my computer on overnight.  Below is the first frame of the animation:

No comments:

Post a Comment