Wednesday 22 February 2012

Graded Unity Character Modelling Base Mesh Complete

I Finally got a design for a head that I thought looked ok and after that I did the rest of the body in a short period of time.  The character comes in at 3,916 polygons which I'm quite happy with, especially since I've added two extra edge loops round the joints to help with deformations when animating, however because I won't be subdividing it further there are areas such as on the hands which I could optmize later on.  I'm really looking forward to getting this character fleshed out a bit more and textured, I'm going to try to use Max Skin Wrap modifier to drive my characters clothes using the underlying base mesh, it could have disasterous consequences and I might end up having to weight it to the skeleton, but I'm always trying to do something new for each project and this is one of the things I'd like to try.





No comments:

Post a Comment