Thursday 26 January 2012

Rendered results from the 1 week brief

Before Christmas we had a one week surprise breif which was to create a design concept for a hotel room, I came up with a slightly...  Different idea from the other members of my class - I went to the college library and looked through several months of the World of Interiors magazine to see what was currently fashionable and based on that I came up with the idea of creating a loft space-like room with a lot of renuable materials and objects.  It was good fun, but a lot of hard work to get the renders done on time - I wanted to keep the polygon count to a minimum so instead of using subdivision modifiers such as MeshSmooth or TurboSmooth I opted to use Chamfering and smoothing groups which I hadn't used before.  I the end the scene was around 80,000 polygons with detail in the corridor outside the room which you can't see in the images.








No comments:

Post a Comment